Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thinking About Home





Here we are in Caballo State PK north of Las Cruces. Spent last night at Rock Hound St. Pk and the Fox and I did some rock hounding. I found some pretty rocks but have no idea what they are. Fox would sniff around then point to a rock as if to indicate that was the one and I would pick it up. Cracked a few open but nothing exciting inside. Another one of those beautiful state parks, NM seems full of them. You get water and electric hookups for $14 and a beautiful, private camp site. Can't beat that.

J, Denny and I had a great time in Naco. At least, I did since I ate dinner with them for two nights. Please note the picture of J and I. She and I are now members of SINs (suffers in silence), a group dedicated to curbing the verbal complaints of one's aches and pains for at least one year. Small caveat. . . we can complain to eachother. Something we got into instantly when Denny wasn't around. I won't go into the sorid details here, but suffice it to say that J and I are in terrible shape aches and pains wise. You can certainly tell from the picture, it is written all over our faces!

With all the picture taking going on the Fox insisted that he and I have a shot taken together. As you can see, several shots really didn't show off our best side. I promised him we'd have professional photos taken after we get home. He has made a few friends on this trip he'd like to send some to. Although he really likes Pete, I think Larry is his favorite.

The latest report from La Veta confirms at least one foot of snow and still snowing. My ETA is Saturday and I may move that up to Friday given that another snow storm is expected on Saturday. My, My, and the beat goes on. Ah well, we are warm and snug here in the Egg. Darkness has fallen and that means bedtime for Fox and I. We are thinking of driving to Albque&^%$#$%^^&&*( you know, that hard to spell city, tomorrow. The wind is howling off of the lake here so I don't mind leaving. Boy the Rio Grande is really up in this area. Must be a lot of spring runoff starting. Of course, that is a mystery to me since winter isn't over yet, at least in this part of the world.

No comments: