Saturday, March 6, 2010

Back from the Dentist

I survived the dentist and all is well and I go back on Thurs to get my crown. In the meantime, I will take in the state parks here and maybe go to Silver City and Las Cruces.

On my way into Palomas at least 160 men on horseback were riding along side of me. There were two of them who were really funny. One guy's hat fell and he did a dismount to retrieve it. Then the horse wasn't too hot on letting back on. I watched until he was out of sight and he still wasn't on the horse. His friend was still riding next to me and looking back for his partner. He couldn't stop his horse to wait or go back to help his partner. In fact, he couldn't ride worth a diddle and I was sure the horse was going to beat him to death or at the very least shake some of the fat off of him. Most of the horses were small and looked like paints. I guess they turned around at the border and went riding back into Columbus lickty split pretending they were Pancho Villa's army. This was a big deal for the town (village) of Columbus.

I continued on to the border, parked and walked across to the Dentist's office. I was in there for 3 hrs. When I got back to the Casita I walked Fox for a while then it was time for social hour at the RV Ranch. After being social I fixed dinner walked the dog and now I am ready for bed. It's not dark yet so I guess I'll read for awhile. Last night was not a good one. . . woke up with a migraine at 11:30 and got up at O' dark thirty. Looks like I'll be here until Friday. OKie Doakie folks, that's all there is there ain't no more, so long, adios, and I'll see you right back here tomorrow night. . . goodnight David, goodnight Chet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mom, read the entire Blog. Wow, you are crazy -- picking up guys, crowns and living with coyotes, pigs and a very small mountain lion. Don't tuck n roll in the middle of the pack because you or the fox, or both, will surely be eaten!
love you,
H