Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sun City West, AZ



Two calls this morning from Haley, then Deb asking where I am. Deb scolded me 'cause I haven't written in the blog for several days. Turned out I was visiting my high school best friend, Bee. We hadn't really seen each other in a long while and I had never really gotten to know her husband. Bee lived with me during the last semester of her senior year in high school. She had been living with her sister and brother-in-law who was a doc in the air force. When he left the service it was agreed that Bee would stay with us until she finished HS. We were great buddies and it was a very special time in my life to have her living with us. The first pic I added is of Bee, hubby, and her sister and brother-in-law. Such a wonderful reunion and I couldn't believe it when I looked at the clock at 11:15. Wow, what an evening. We said our goodbyes yesterday and vowed to keep in touch. Life has a way of wrenching us away from those we care for and it is so easy to loose dear friends along the way.

When I left I decided to stay in Casa Granda only 88mi away. I was so tired from the night before that I had to pull into a McD to catch a nap. Even at that I couldn't wait to get into bed for the night at 7pm! You might wonder why I chose McD's to stop. AZ is struggling with its budget and, therefore, has closed many of its rest stops and over half of its state parks. Really a shame, hopefully, they will get their problems resolved and re-open the parks.

I am staying at an Escapee's Park (a club of which I am a member). Well, they charge you to take a shower so I was back in the Casita Powder Room. This time, I not only showered and washed my hair I SHAVED my legs. I will think twice about that next time, remember the shower scene in Psycho???? Blood Bath!

I've done my chores and I am ready to go so I'll just unhook, and take off for Parker Lake Complex in the Coronado National Forest where I'll meet up with J for a couple of days. Too cold and snowy yet to travel north. Oh, some of my family will like this. . . The first thing Jeane said when she saw me was "You look just like your Mother!.

No comments: