Saturday, March 13, 2010

Kartchner Caverns



This is a lovely state park. Very nice camping facilities and hiking trails all around. The weather has been perfect, today in 70s. This morning was a big first for me! Unbelievable accomplishment. I lit the hot water heater and took a shower in my Casita for the first time!! Boy did it feel good and it is kinda nice to have something to sit on while in the shower. I've enclosed a picture so everyone can live vicariously. The water stayed hot while I washed my hair and took a complete shower. YES! Indescribably marvelous! Oh, I should make it clear that this was not my first shower of the trip. I have been doing that on a regular basis in the park showers.

The Fox and I went for a long walk on the Loop Trail (2.5 mi) down by a running stream. Very pretty and he loved it, of course. By the time we returned to the Casita I was tired and beginning a relapse. I ate lunch and we took an hour and a half nap. Oh glorious. I did run up to the Caverns and will try a tour tomorrow morning. They were sold out for today. It must be spring break because there were quite a few school buses and kids running around. It is 72 deg in the Caverns with 99% humidity so that should make my cold feel better.

The rest of the afternoon I lounged in my chair under the awning. It is almost time for dinner and as usual at this time I am thinking "cereal". But no, I will fix a baked sweet potato and maybe a steak.

No comments: