Wednesday, March 10, 2010

After the Dentist



Most of Sunday and Monday consisted of mundane activities largely due to the worsening weather. Lots and lots of wind. Peter joins me on most of my walks and fills me in on pertinent information regarding the private lives of full-time RVers. During one walk we happened to pass the RV I'll call "Buffalo" when one fellow who will remain nameless emerged. I had seen him before, quite noticeable, in his water high trousers, white knee socks, sandals, T-shirt and white stocking cap. This time he was carrying a gallon jug filled to brimming with. . . a yellow like substance that Peter assured me was not apple cider. Ah Ha! Seems "no name" doesn't like to use his black water tank, for whatever reason, so transports his "product" to the community dump station. He mumbled a hello on the way by. I couldn't help but notice his sparkling brown eyes and straight edge grin. Peter says when NN first came he would take his whole rig to Wal-Mart where he would ride his bike up and down the parked car aisles. Now, he stays here and rides around the Park. Progress is important. He still doesn't speak beyond the mumble and "straight edge" smile. No one knows what lurks in the minds of men.

Then there is Jim, who I met at the Bark Park. His first question was "how did you like the unhappy, happy hour?" Do you think he has issues? No smiles from Jimbo. But then there is Yvonne, who works in the office. She is one of those nervous types who you catch looking around from slanted eyes waiting for something to pounce. Peter reports that she is keeping the company of the manager of Pizza Hut. Don't tell me Seniors don't have fun!

Here is a picture of Peter and the park. I didn't have the nerve to memorialize the gallon yellow product.

No comments: