Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Still Hunker Down

One star faintly glimmered in the morning sky, that is to say the sky at 0:dawn-thirty. The promise of a wee bit of sun today. Yesterday was glorious, sunny, bright and clear. A little ice here and there especially clinging to the water grasses in the lake. They sported a shimmery show of little multi colored diamonds. A wonderful gift after the driving rain and gloom.

I took the opportunity to open the blinds in the Casita letting in the warmth and assessed the "milk" damage. As far as I can tell, no smell. But, and that's a big "but", it was very cold so could have masked the odor. I was encouraged. I cleaned up and washed the rugs. Fox (who is now lounging on my lap with his chewy) and I took a walk around the grounds. The grass is starting to turn green and buttercups are blooming. Spring comes early to north Texas. And as far as I'm concerned you can have spring in any state. I, personally, hate the wet and cold.

Every hour or so we have a weather check of places on the road south. Not good. Looks like rain everywhere until Sun. I am considering going straight to Brownsville where the temp yesterday was 80. That seems civilized.
I will join Jill for lunch in McKinney today and try once again to find the right thermostat for the Casita. Also need to restock the frig. Sitting around in the rain is not my idea of fun. It drives me crazy not to be doing things. Of course, I have a big bag of yarn and a couple of sweaters to knit but that involves sitting.
The Fox is antsy, too, and after his hyper run yesterday I had to put him in the sink for a bath. So much mud everywhere.
Must move the Casita before I unhook her so I need to scope out the situation. Need to find more level ground. Thank goodness the big 3 bad luck events are behind me. Now I can move her with confidence. Ho, de, ho, ho. Also need to get the oil changed, yes, in the car not the trailer you old fart! Plenty to do in McKinney today. I've almost talked myself into an exciting day! Oh Yeah

No comments: