Tuesday, February 16, 2010

On The Road Again

Yesterday I took off for parts south and warmer weather. I needed a few little items for the Casita so I stopped by the egg hatchery (our lingo for the Castia factory) in Rice, TX. I dropped a few bucks but oh well. These folks are Christians so I just considered the $ my tithing for the year.
I decided to bypass Waco Lake and try a new place so I stopped at Liberty Hill Park ( a corps of engineers) on the lake near Dawson. The park is lovely and right on the lake with a marina and beautiful camp sites with pecan trees and rolling hills. With my Golden Pass Card the cost for full hookups was $9. You really can't beat it. I took Fox for a long walk but couldn't stand too much of the cold and the wind was blowing despite a sunny sky.
Dinner was sauteed New York strip, baked sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts. Not bad for a camp dinner. I was so tired that the Fox and I were in bed at 8 and asleep at 7:58. Unfortunately, it was not a good night for the little Fox. He was up 3 times to go outside. It was very dark so I really couldn't tell what he was "going."
We awoke a little late, 6:36, and I sat under the covers and drank coffee. We then took off for our morning rounds. Chilly for sure and the wind was blowing.
After some consideration I decided to stop at Bastrop State Park for the night instead of going on into San Antonio. Good choice. Bastrop is in the Piney Woods of TX with large camp sites, a golf course, swimming pool, lake and lots of hiking trails. Really lovely. The pines are tall and remind me of the forest in the Florida panhandle. I don't know what kind they are.
Before we got to the Park I stopped for gas and grabbed a salad at Wendy''s. When I returned to the car Foxy had a bit of a surprise for me on MY SEAT a wee bit of throw-up. After we stopped at the park I had opportunity to observe the "going" at the other end. Fox had yogurt for dinner. The Vet swears by it so let's hope it does the trick. I really don't want to get up in the middle of the night.
We have had our long walk and I am about to fix dinner then knit for awhile. It is finally fairly warm, somewhere in the 50s. I'll take it. I haven't washed my hair since yesterday morning and my cowlick is sticking straight out. I think I am going to put a ribbon around it. I can smell those piney woods!

No comments: