Monday, February 8, 2010

Second Day Out

The rains came down all day from Amarillo to Bonham. Never ending. Just short of Wichita Falls a guy flags me over to let me know I am about ready to throw some rubber on the passenger side tire. I pulled off the road and into a service station at Electra, TX. What nice folks. That had the spare (a new tire) on in five minutes and charged me $5. I drove on and stopped in Wichita at Wal-Mart and bought 2 new tires for the trailer. I told the sales clerk, (an old fart) that I needed 2 tires this size handing him the paper I had written the tire specs on.

He looked at it and said these are trailer tires (like I didn't know), yes, I replied. Well, what have you got on it now? I said, 2 trailer tires. He said well your not supposed to put trailer tires on a vehicle, where is it? I said it is on the back of my car parked out front. he says, and you want trailer tires on it? I said well, yes, ITS A TRAILER, I didn't add you stupid old fart. He says Oh, I thought you had them on your car. And I said why would I have trailer tires on my car???(you old fart)! In the end I got the tires and went on my merry way. NUMBER 3
At least I thought that was #3.

We stopped for lunch and I opened the frig, mistake. . . milk again and a lovely yellow pool of something in the bottom of the frig with several fuzzy islands floating in it. The milk had not spilled but looked to have "leached" out the sides along with the yogurt. Oh man, BIG YUKIE. It was safe to say that Grandma was not happy. This was the rest of #2(excuse the pun). I cleaned it out, put in a cup of coffee grounds; however, the milk stuff had seeped out of the frig onto the carpet where Foxy was busy licking it up as fast as he could. I spread towels on the floor to soak up as much as possible and got back in the car. I actually stopped at Big Macs and got a hamburger which I regretted as soon as I ate some of it. Topped that off with half a bag of ginger cookies and a cup of coffee.

Did I mention that my back had been hurting since I left La Veta? Oh, and that I had a migraine. Fox and I were so relieved to pull into Jill's cabin on the lake in the driving rain that I was almost jubilant. Well, until she indicated that I had to BACK into her property a total of at least 100 yds. to be cont'd

No comments: