Saturday, February 13, 2010

I Have Emerged

The Fox and I recently emerged from a snow bank here in McKinney, TX. The last 4 days have been cold, wet and snowy. The lovely weekend in sunny Hunker Down on the lake was scratched for a few days in the big, crowded, traffic jammed, icy roads city of Mc Kinney. Oh joy. On the bright side I was able to finally put a new thermostat in the Casita. Next project is getting the sour milk out of the carpet. I will heat up the Casita today and start on that task.

My original plan was to leave the trailer at Hunker Down and drive into McKinney for a dinner out with the "Sippers", group of Jill's friends. While I did make the dinner, unfortunately, I had to do it with the Casita in tow. I tried at least 5 times to disconnect the hitch from the car witih no luck. The ground was so uneven and wet that the hitch just wouldn't pop off. I only managed to drive the whole mess further from the cabin. Meaning, I had further to go to pack up the Casita. That translates to carrying my oxygen unit (30lbs ?) up the incline to the Casita. Had to use the inhaler before that one.

Actually, it felt good to be on the road again going somewhere with no rain, maybe. Yep, no rain, just snow and lots of it. Now, I love my Casita, but camping in the snow is a little like driving in the snow in a rear-wheel drive auto. It sucks.

Looking on the bright side, I did manage to get the Casita and car separated and got the oil changed in the car. Also, did a little shopping for the necessities, cookies and a thermostat. Tomorrow I am planning to take off for parts south. I plan to be in San Antonio for a couple of days of sunshine. In fact, the whole week is predicted to be sunny except Thurs, the day we are going kayaking on the Guadalupe River. What the heck, the river should be wet anyway.

Foxy has been enjoying the break in camping playing with his three friends, teeny, tiny greyhounds wearing teeny tiny coats to keep them warm, Ned, Ty and Dottie K. The boys are very attracted to Foxy and enjoy a bit of "humping" practice. Dottie K is smart, she just hides most of the time. Foxy is constantly making his escape and growling at the boys.

Guess I'll do a few chores and prep for the take off tomorrow.

No comments: