Saturday, September 20, 2008

Lake Superior

To all of you who have commented on the blog, thanks, it is nice to know someone out there is reading it. Fox and I are in Bayfield, WI on the shore of Lake Superior. I am enjoying hot chocolate and graham crackers with butter. Foxy is licking the butter dish. I guess we're both happy.

I checked in at the campground then Fox and I went downtown for a bit. It is quite hilly, reminds me of San Francisco on a smaller basis. Narrow streets, some cobblestone and a harbor full of sail boats. Very picturesque. It is amazing how well I navigate the hills when the elevation is at sea level! There is a definite nip in the air and windy. That nice cold wind off the lake in the autumn. Just love it. I met people with a casita at the last campground and we exchanged info. They are from the twin cities and a very nice couple. I have only seen 4 Casita's so far. Fox doesn't quite understand that you really can't play ball in a Casita.

Oh, I forget to say that I bought gas for $3.49 in N. Dakota. Wow, that's almost down to a $1.50!
Anyway, I was impressed. Foxy just grabbed the napkin off my lap and ran. He thinks there is food on it. There is a fancy 5th wheel parked next door with one of those hot semi-truck cabs. When the cab pulled up two old folks got out and could barely walk to the camper. That just goes to show that you're never too old.

Tomorrow we are off the the Indian reservation Lac du Flambeau. I plan to camp on the tribal campgrounds. We'll see. It is 7:04 pm, almost time for bed! Night all.

No comments: