Friday, February 20, 2009

Caverns of Senora

We are outside of Senora, TX camped in the Caverns RV Park,, beautiful spot. Lots of large mesquite trees and juniper, rocky ground. I say large mesquite because as I leave the Hill Country for dryer parts of Texas the mesquite gets smaller and smaller and it reminds you of scrub oak. This spot is in the middle of nowhere, very quiet and should be very dark tonight. Chance to peruse the universe. . .always a delightful passtime of mine. I think I will take a tour of the caverns tomorrow morning.

This morning I joined some Casita friends and chatted more about life in the EGG. Very nice people. Then I went on to Fredreicksburg and stopped at the Trade market outside of town. Lots and lots of vendors with mostly antiques. I did eat some Texas bar-be-qued brisket and a piece of fudge. Found a little daschie yard decor made out of something rusted. Of course, I had to have it. As it turned out, she was also selling fudge, lucky for me! While I was talking to her she asked me the name of my dog and I told her. She said "well Foxy is one of those names that you can't tell what gender it is, kinda like "Pat". With that we both had a good laugh. I told her that was the funniest thing I had heard all day. Anyone who watched SNL knows why that is funny.

Driving on HWY 10 to Junction and Senora you mostly see rolling hills that tend to get flater as you go west. Flater also = not much water and shorter trees and taller cacti. Really rugged. I had the country 'n western music blaring. . . songs like "singing the blues" and "She got the mine and I got the Shaft" Great songs!!! I continue to develop my Texas twang.

I am going to fix a little dinner and prepare for it to get dark so I can look at the stars and listen to the coyotes. Life is good.

No comments: