Monday, June 16, 2014

Glacier National Park, Montana

June 15, 2014

I am sitting in the trailer on a frosty, cold morning in majestic Glacier National Park. Yesterday we drove past Flathead Lake that runs for over 40 miles. What a gorgeous view, simply magnificent. After filling up with propane, shopping at Wally World in Missoula and checking in at the park we both dumped the waste water and filled up with fresh water. At that point my shoes were soaked and I was freezing.

It took two tries to get into my camp site before I decided to go back and ask the ranger for another spot. This one was simply too short, steep and curvy to accept the Casita. What an ordeal that makes one feel the complete fool. Trying to get in, several people helping all at once, pointing different directions and at the same time blocking all traffic put me in a mildly frustrated frame of mind. Now I am safely situated in a new spot, however, the Casita is noticeably loosing power. Of course, that means the battery has not been charged properly. For once I knew the problem . . . . the blown fuse under the hood of the Ridgeline. Fortunately, a little foresight had provided a new set of fuses safely stored in the tool box. At this time the engine is running charging the Casita battery. In about an hour Carol and I will take a drive up Going to the Sun road with Casita so it can charge and we can take photos. Later in the day I should have wonderful photos to post!

Lunch at MacDonalds Lodge. Beautiful hanging lamps.
 

 

 

 

 

No comments: