Sunday, August 24, 2014

YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK


Now I know where all the people in the world are. Geeze Louise, talk about crowded. Despite the crushing crowds I did manage to see Old Faithful and The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. The Grand Canyon shows off a rainbow of colored rocks and the Yellowstone River far below. Pretty spectacular.



Here is a Bison taking his share in the middle!

 

The ranger told me about grizzlies feeding on a bison carcass. He said just look for the people so I drove out to take a look. People were everywhere with their 10 foot lenses, at least 25 rangers trying to protect the people from themselves by corralling them on top of a hill several hundred yards from the bears. I got a good look as I drove by. I'm sure the rangers are ready for summer to be over. I had planned to return to the site this am but thought better of it. Plenty of things to see and walks to take.


Yellowstone River

While Yellowstone is certainly unique it is also high. I had difficulty breathing so decided to leave around noon the next day and press co to Cody, WY. Where I stayed the night at a lower elevation.

Some photos of Yellowstone pools:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: