Sunday, August 17, 2014

Robson national Park, BC

We made it to Robson Mountain campground. The mountain is quite imposing rising straight up from the plaines. Naturally, there is a glacier on top. The smoke from the fires is pretty bad making photography problematic. One night at Robson then we drive into Alberta. The further south we went, the worse the smoke. I took a couple of shots along the way. The images are of mountains very close to us but look faraway and out of focus due to smoke.


Eventually, we got far enough south that the air cleared somewhat.

The last two images are of Bow Glacier and lake, one of my favorite views. We ended up at Chain of Lakes Campgrounds in the Alberta prarie lands. I think if I lived in Canada it would be here with the gently rolling hills covered with thick grasses and high mountains in the background. I love the wide open spaces. Here is where I feel closest to the land and the warmth of home. The coming and going of the sun for some reason is a magnet that calls me to watch. These are sunset, something we didn't see many of in Canada and Alaska.


Today we will be in the US at Glacier National Park, Saint Mary's campground. Tomorrow we will travel on to Great Falls, MT where I have the oil changed in the car and go to the Charlie Russell Art Museum. Can't wait for that. It is raining softly, hopefully, cleaning out the air from smoke. Our route home will take us to Yellowstone for a couple of days then on home. Of course, any of our plans are always subject to change.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: