Sunday, August 10, 2014

Boya Lake Provincial Park, BC

We are now driving the Cassiar Highway, very narrow and no shoulders. You really have to pay attention to your driving. Thank God there is very little traffic. This country is the epitome of wild. No gas for 146 mi and no real town for another 300 when we hit Prince George. We had been driving everyday for ten days and I was tired. Since I was leading I decided to pull into Boya Lake and spend the day resting. It was 10:30 am. Carol was all over that idea so we made camp and took naps.

Boya is a beautiful, glacier feed lake and the campground is very pristine. Both of us got sites right on the lake. Very peaceful and rejuvenating. I would love to kayak but every time I think of it I remember my torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder and wince a little.

I am enjoying my coffee in bed looking out on the lake as I write this. Must get going and get on the road. The best time for us to drive is in the morning, in the afternoon we're pretty much cooked. Oh, at our last camp we met a lovely young couple WALKING to Newfoundland. They had a roller apparatus with a plastic bin affixed to it with their food and supplies. They are from Ontario but started their walk in northern Yukon and had been walking for 2 months. They told us they expected it would take them a year and a half. We told them to do it while they are young because we could barely DRIVE it at our age!

I did go out and take a couple of sunrise photos.


A little tiny bat.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: