Sunday, January 30, 2011

Manatee Springs, FL


Manatee Springs is about 120 miles from St. George and located on the Suwanee River. The springs are in the middle of the river and stay at a constant 74 deg year round. The night I stayed there it was about 30 deg so I elected not to take a dip in the spring. That kind of cold coupled with high humidity really feels like below zero. The plan was to stay two days and enjoy the river; however, at 30 deg we packed up and left for Ft Myers the next day. I may stop here on may way home to do some kayaking. The Suwanne meanders at a relatively slow pace, just right for a lazy float down the river. The entire trip has been so cold that I cut it short and made straight for Ft. Myers. When I made that decision Florida was the only state in the lower 48 that didn't have snow.

No comments: