Friday, September 14, 2012

Cherry Creek Casita Rally

Judy and Foxy are traveling again! Yippee! We left LaVeta yesterday at 8:15 only 15 min late for the take-off. I escaped with three new bruises and a goose egg on my forhead. On the way I crammed in a dentist app't and haircut. Of course, I arrived 15 min late for both. Leaving LaVeta was no easy task. The rain had calmed to a few sprinkles but new flowers still had to be planted in the garden before leaving. That was accomplished at 7:30. At least I had the forsight to hook up the trailer the night before so I just had to pack a few more items and all was ready. The day was promising blue skies and a good drive. I put in my new CD "The Traveller" by John Somethingorother from the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and listened to great guitar all the way. The music had me dancing in my seat the whole way. Some days I just feel envigorated and wired for life. . . this was one of those. Foxy just slept on occassionally looking at me from heavy lids. We pulled into the campsite right at 3pm and proceeded to set up. I snagged Larry (the fix it man) and scheduled my new hot water heater for 8:30 this am. If it is a nice day I will proceed to paint hot pink touches on the Casita. I have decided that Judy Colorado and the Travelling Fox done in Pink will look great on the side along with maybe a pink fox. Speaking of Fox, he is curled up next to me trying to keep warm. It was very cold last night and I didn't get up to turn on the heat (even tho I could reach it from the warmth of my bed (*&^*&^$#). You know how it is, you don't want to get up cause it is cold so you lay there trying to keep warm! Last night was a "bring your own meat and a dish" get together. Fun seeing old faces and meeting new ones. Pete and Oscar were there, Oscar and Fox were so excited to see each other! It really was cute. We will be walking this am. Plans are to stay here then head out on the 29th for the Buffalo Roundup in SD. We will take some time to see the grandchildren while here. Maybe take in a soccer game or 2. Back Later so tune in If you want. Judy

No comments: