Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Naco

Unfortunately, I came down with some kind of stomach icky for three days. I am better now and have played golf a couple of times. For you golfers, this is a sweet little course. They have names for each of the holes and the only one I can remember off-hand is "rattlesnake". Rattlesnake is the 5th longest hole in the US, a 6 par. Not good for one's ego when you consider a boggie is a bloomin 7! Yukie! Oh, it comes by its name honestly, crawling with real rattlesnakes.

The club house is very nice with a restaurant that serves great food. Everyone is very nice and I sure could come back next year. Several of us from LaVeta are playing golf, bridge and taking short trips to see the sights. Lots of fun. I put up my awning and laid down my new blue/white patio rug then the rain came. Took down the awning. Today is bright and promises to be sunny. Deb, Larry and I will either play golf or go to Sierra Vista, depending on the wind speed.

The coyotes here are fabulous. Probably because they are so close, but they really sing to us. I just love it. Every evening and early morning dawn I get the seranade. Oh, life is so good. Lots of beautiful birds but I don't know much about them. There is a hummingbird sanctuary near by that I plan to visit.

We are hoping that the desert will burst forth in bloom with the splash of rain we had. Such a beautiful place if you like the desert. Also, it is kind of a thrill to look out my window into Mexico. In fact, the border patrol picked up 500 lbs of maryj two days ago at the border crossing in Naco. Whew! That was close.

This RV park is full of $350 rigs that are absolutely hugely obscene. I refer to the Casita as "The Rose Among Thorns". Some of these folks are from Canada and have been coming down here for years. I can see the attraction.

Time now for breakfast and Foxy's long walk. Just got the word, Tee time at 10:40, yeah!

No comments: