Thursday, October 16, 2008

Back on the Road

We are finally camped near Waterloo, IA and I am so so tired. It would be great if Foxy would curl up and sleep so I could do the same.



This morning started out rocky as Haley noticed a leak under the car. Had to unhook the trailer and take the car back to repair shop. The had changed my oil and put in a heavy duty transmission cooler last week and as it turns out the transmission fluid was leaking. Got that fixed and when I pulled up in front of the house I heard a funny sound coming from under the hood like a tool had been left there. Haley and I checked and the noise stopped. No idea what it was but it went away so I hooked up the Casita again.



At last, I pulled out of the drivcway to notice that one of the Casita tires looked low. Of course I stopped and got out my handy tire pressure gage and checked the tire. All well there so I got in the car and promptly drove over a curb with the Casita. Later, when I stopped for a break I checked inside the Casita only to find the microwave on the floor. Ahhhhhhhh. Would you believe it actually worked after I put it all together again.



I missed several turns that took me out of the way and also managed to go on a wild goose chase for an RV park. Finally, back on the hwy, I stopped at the first RV park we came to. A race track with RV park attached. Happily, no races today, in fact, hardly a soul was in the Park. The cool, clear air and spectular sunset almost go by me I am so tired. Cooked my steak and popped my already boxed and wrapped mashed potatoes in the microwave. Yummy dinner. Now I am watching TV and awaiting Grey's Anatomy to come one. The bed will feel good. Oh, I forget, I also left my coffee pot in Ripon. Fortunately, I have an extra French Press in the Casita. Can't do without the coffee!!

No comments: