Wednesday, June 18, 2014

KOA By Glacier National Park

We did arrive at a beautiful campsite in the driving rain. After one night of torture we decided to make it to the KOA and wait out the rain. Three straight days of downpour. At this point our patience is running short and we are anxious to move on. Tomorrow we will attempt to travel to Banff, CA. At this point there are flood warnings out for rivers in the area including St. Mary's River all the way to the international border. Highway 89 may be under water by the time tomorrow morning comes. We shall see.

Carol and I braved the downpour to take a look at the St. Mary's Visitor Center where we watched two movies about the area and toured the center. After that we went to the Johnson Cafe atop a hill overlooking St. Mary's Glacier for lunch. A great place to stop. The cafe has been owned by the same family for 63yrs. We feasted on homemade bread and soup that was delicious. Just right for a cold day. I got a big kick out of all the bowls set around to catch the rain from the leaky roof. Carol and I had the best spot in a dry corner by the fire.


A couple of pictures of all of us traveling together. Only Ginny, Nancy, Carol and I will be going to Banff tomorrow. With any luck at all we will have some sun.

 

I decided I must take a photo of the KOA with the Glacier behind. You can see my teeny-tiny trailer there in the middle. I spent the first day there taking a much needed shower and washed clothes. After that I was worn out especially after walking Foxy several times in the pouring rain. He was worn out, too.

 

Here he is chewing on his foot.

 

No comments: